Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"If I can do that, I can do anything"

Some may say that the reason women feel so empowered after birth is because of the excruciating pain they're been through. And while, for some women, that may be the surface truth; I believe the true reason is deeper and much more profound.

And I would like to change the saying to:

"Because I did that, and through doing that, I discovered my limitless power to do anything I put my mind to"

It's more than "I can withstand any pain", it is "I can accomplish all of my goals and set new, loftier ones, and conquer them."

Birth releases doubt. Birth expands views. Birth awakens the soul.
Birth brings life to more than the new babe, it brings new life to the mother.

Why would anyone opt out of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment